1. Undertake some online research on what properties have sold near yours so you have a sound understanding of the value of your home;
2. Mystery shop open for inspections near your home for hands-on knowledge of sale prices, preparation tips and how local agents engage with buyers;
3. Understand your local market and choose a method of sale most preferred for your area and your home;
4. Select an agent that has the time, energy and commitment to work for you to get you the “best” price not just any price;
5. Follow our guide "Get the Best Price for Your Home” and present the property in the best possible condition;
6. Employ a conveyancer to prepare the sale documentation ready for the commencement of your campaign;
7. Engage in a comprehensive marketing campaign to attract the most buyers to your door;
8. Plan you sale at a time you can dedicate to keeping your home looking its best for the entire sale campaign. This allows you to receive and accept offers straight away;
9. Follow our “Guide to Open for Inspections” for tips on how to present your home.
10. Keep an eye on the market during your campaign so if the market changes you can immediately adjust your price expectations.