Under the Residential Tenancies Act the following items are considered Urgent Repairs and must be attended within 24 hours:
- burst water service
- blocked or broken toilet system
- serious roof leak
- gas leak
- dangerous electrical fault
- flooding or serious flood damage
- serious storm or fire damage
- ·failure or breakdown of any essential service or appliance provided by a landlord or agent for hot water, water, cooking, heating, or laundering
- failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply
- any fault or damage in the premises that makes the premises unsafe or insecure
- an appliance, fitting or fixture that is not working properly and causes a substantial amount of water to be wasted
- a serious fault in a lift or staircase
Our afterhours emergency service is available to your tenant in the event of an emergency. Our selected contractors are available to undertake urgent repairs outside of normal business hours. They will only attend in an absolute emergency. In most cases they can help the tenant resolve the matter temporarily over the telephone and will visit during normal business hours to avoid extra out of hours costs to you.
More information about urgent repairs can be found in the book "Renting a Home - A Guide for Tenants & Landlords
RACV Emergency Home Assist for Landlords
RACV Emergency Home Assist is a fast response service for a range of common plumbing, electrical and lockout emergencies. You can have access to qualified and reliable tradespeople 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
One low annual fee gives you up to 8 emergency call outs a year and there is no charge for RACV to attend the emergency. They’ll either fix the problem on the spot or make temporary repairs to make sure your home is safe and secure, reducing the risk of further damage.